At My Little Angels Daycare, we believe that every day is a learning day and that learning is all around us. As well as being a place of learning, we pride ourselves on ensuring that all children are coming in to a loving, caring environment where they are valued and listened to. We also involve children and parents in trying to continually improve.
At My Little Angels Daycare, we aim:
- To provide a safe, happy, caring, stimulating and secure environment for our children.
- To engage our children in the highest quality teaching and learning and to maximise success for all.
- To develop a shared vision for the future of My Little Angels Daycare.
- To foster high-quality leadership at all levels.
- To work in partnership with other agencies and our communities to promote the welfare of our children.
- To work together with parents as partners to improve learning and care.
- To reflect on our work and fulfil our learning potential.
- To value and empower our children and staff.
- To promote well-being and respect.
- To develop a culture of ambition and achievement.
WHAT DO MY LITTLE ANGELS DAYCARE AIMS MEAN AND HOW WILL WE ACHIEVE THEM?
1. EFFECTIVE LEARNING AND TEACHING:
We aim to engage our children in the highest quality learning by creating an environment, both indoors and outdoors that is:
- meets the needs of all
2. OUTCOMES AND SUCCESS:
We aim to focus on outcomes and maximize success for all children by:
- exploring new ideas and technologies
- providing quality resources
- agreeing targets for learning
- providing appropriate feedback
- ongoing assessment and evaluation
- reflecting on individual progress
- raising attainment and celebrating achievement
- delivering a high standard of the early years foundation stage
- managing, evaluating and updating policies and planning
- Building secure Relationships with parents and our children
- Good positive team work
3. A COMMON VISION:
We aim to develop a shared vision for all by:
- promoting fairness, justice and equality of opportunity
- involving the whole community in the life of the nursery
4. HIGH QUALITY LEADERSHIP:
We aim to high quality leadership at all levels by:
- promoting a shared vision, values and aims
- setting high expectations within a context of ‘rights and responsibilities’
- promoting effective teamwork
- promoting professional dialogue
- encouraging all staff and children to be leaders of their own learning
- facilitating the continual professional development of all staff through high quality training opportunities
5. PARTNERSHIP WORKING:
We aim to work in partnership with other agencies and our community to:
- develop confidence and self-esteem
- involve staff and children within the wider community
- promote fairness and equality for all
- meet the needs of all individuals
- promote a greater understanding of how we can all contribute to improving the world around us
- meet the individual needs of all children
6. PARENTS AS PARTNERS:
We aim to work together with parents to improve learning by:
- sharing information
- promoting an open door policy
- welcoming parents’ views and contributions to nursery activities
- working in partnership to support children’s development and learning
- promoting a shared vision, values and aims
- promoting dialogue about the work of the nursery
- building and sustaining strong and respectful relationships
7. REFLECTIVE LEARNING:
We aim to reflect on our work and fulfill our learning potential by:
- continually monitoring and evaluating our nursery
- implementing new initiatives
- thriving on challenge and embracing change
- our commitment to self-evaluation and nursery improvement
- analysis, evaluating and using information to help us to grow and improve
8. VALUES AND ASPIRATIONS:
We aim to value and empower our children and staff by:
- valuing each individual’s contribution
- involving all in decision making through effective consultation
- establishing a vibrant and progressive nursery culture
- extending the capabilities of all learners
- providing opportunities for all to influence the future of our nursery
- developing leadership capacity
9. PROMOTION OF WELL-BEING AND RESPECT:
We aim to promote well-being and respect by:
- creating an inclusive nursery environment
- encouraging healthy choices
- promoting positive behaviour
- teaching respect and the responsibility of citizenship
- promoting equality
- promoting positive attitudes to social and cultural diversity
- ensuring the physical, social, , mental and emotional health and well-being of all young children and staff
- promoting mutual trust, respect, confidence and caring for all
- promoting positive attitudes: of respect for self, other people, other people's needs and opinions, for property and the environment
- treating everyone as we would wish to be treated ourselves!
10. AMBITION AND ACHIEVEMENT:
We aim to develop a culture of ambition and achievement by:
- promoting high expectations
- providing opportunities for every individual to be successful and to attain his/her fullest potential; to be the best you can be!
- celebrating achievement
- nurturing and encouraging creative, innovative and enterprising behaviour and actions
- encouraging consistent and fair approaches to behaviour
- acknowledging success and effort
- developing a “can do” ethos of achievement in all that we do!
OUR GURANTEE TO YOU
At MY Little Angels Daycare, you can be confident that:
- staff will actively promote our aims and values.
- we have clear policies, procedures and codes of behaviour , which are consistently applied by staff and understood by staff, parents, carers and children.
- you and your child will be consulted about the service provided and your views and ideas valued.
- all children are happy, confident, safe and secure.
- Your children are the centre of My Little Angels world
Our values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our children as confident, happy citizens.